Wednesday, 13 August 2008

A Gentle Nudge in the Right Direction

Although my uncle (my mother's older brother) passed away four years ago, he feels very close to me, even more so than when he was alive. I speak to him in my thoughts and I get a lot of comfort knowing he's always with me. My mother tells me she feels the same way.

During my bus journey this morning, I "spoke" to my uncle in thought. Or rather, he "talked" and I listened. He reminded me of the love and support I am constantly receiving, and how important it is to be true to myself. He also gave me some advice on a project I'm involved in. He said other parties involved in the project need a gentle nudge in the right direction and he's doing the nudging. My uncle assured me everything was working out perfectly.

At the library where I do my writing, everyone has to put their bags through a conveyor belt to be scanned before they are allowed entry into the rest of the building. The conveyor is rather like the ones they have at airports. When I put my bag through, it got stuck inside. As soon as the security guard noticed my bag was stuck, he put a plank behind my bag; and the weight of the plank pushed my bag through the conveyor.

The plank represents the "nudge in the right direction" my uncle was talking about. If I were to depend on human will alone, nothing will ever get done. That's why prayer is very important to me, which gives the added impetus to get things moving along in the right direction.

Thank you for your gentle nudge and being there for me.

Enocia

Related articles: Gift of Love - The Rose; Love is All That Matters; A Little Help From My Friend; Why I Believe in Belief; Doing a T5; The Path of Love; What is Death?; The Visitor; The Power of Prayer