Thursday, 21 August 2008

California Dreaming

So I asked one of the library staff where he'd been as I haven't seen him for a few weeks. He said he had been away to California to visit his wife's relatives who live in San Francisco. He said it was a lot warmer that it is now.

A few hours later when I went to the ladies (toilet) I noticed a woman with a booklet for Open House London, a weekend in September where a lot of buildings are open to the public to enable visitors to explore their architecture. I asked the lady where she'd got the booklet and she told me. I told her I've been attending "Open House London" for the last three years. I noticed the woman had an American accent. I asked her where she was from and she said California. She said she's had to carry her jacket while she's been over here because no two days are the same.

Speaking of which, my uncle is in California at the moment visiting his daughter.

I wish the weather could be California weather. I reckon I've got my California lyrics mixed up. I must be dreaming.

Enocia

Related articles: Like Attracts Like; The Wonder of Dreaming; Dreaming the Weather; What a Treat!"