Wednesday, 2 July 2008

Reliving the Joy - Part 2

In a previous article called Reliving the Joy, I wrote about how I can relive an experience by either recalling the experience in thought or read about the experience on my blog.

Yesterday I read another article where I discuss the two approaches one can have to life: personal or universal.

Someone whose approach to life is personal believes that everything he achieves is based on his own efforts alone. Though he may acknowledge assistance from colleagues and friends, he regards himself as self-made. The problem with the self-made person is that he believes he's only got limited resources that are constantly being depleted. He is, therefore, always looking to add more to himself. [...]

One whose approach to life is universal knows that though he appears to be an individual, all his actions are carried out by the Universe; and I mean everything, even doing number twos. The Personal versus the Universal Approach

Later I was inspired to walk home. About half a mile from home, I saw a friend who used to live in our neighbourhood and has since moved down the road. Every time I see him he invites me round to his place; and I always make an excuse. I asked him how he was and he said he was feeling exhausted.

"What's wrong?" I said. "Is it the weather?"

"I don't know, I just feel drained, Noks," he said.

"Well, I've just walked from the City."

"I can't believe you walked all that way and you didn't stop by to see me!" he said. "Come on, I'll walk you to the bus stop."

"I don't need to take the bus, I'm almost home."

"It's not for you, I need to get the bus," he said. "How long did it take you to walk from the City?"

"About a couple of hours."

"You're going to need two days go get over it."

"Nah, I'm fine."

"How come you can walk all that way in this heat and not feel tired?"

"Because I love walking."

As we approached the bus stop he said, "I'm going to leave you now, Nokia. When are you coming round to my house?"

"Soon. For now you have my love which I hope will make you feel better. Bye."

"Bye, Noks."

As I walked the rest of the way home, I thought of the two approaches to life. When I live life from the "personal approach", I end up experiencing myself as having limited energy that needs to be replenished with food, rest or sleep like my friend believed about my walk. In fact that belief did haunt me during my walk because at some point I felt pain in my heels. I had to remind myself that I am Love and all is Love. Then the whole experience was dissolved into Love, which dissolved the discomfort; and walking was simply another way of being Love.

When I live life from the "universal approach" I know only Love; and where there is Love there is inexhaustible energy.

Love is all there is.

Enocia

Related articles: Reliving the Joy; Surrender to Love - Revisited; The Lost Art of Bone Idleness; Ghost Haunters; Zero Energy; Not a Person; Inexhaustible Love; Trusting in Love - Part 2; The Personal versus the Universal Approach; Love is All There Is; Infinite Self