Tuesday, 1 July 2008

Kindred Spirit - 2

On the bus I heard this guy chatting on his mobile phone. I thought he sounded familiar. When the seat beside him was available I realised he works at my favourite bookshop. So I swapped seats and sat beside him.

I've always liked this guy because he seems to enjoy life. I've often teased him that ever since I've been going to that bookshop, he's looked the same. He's now in his early thirties and still looks like he's in his early twenties.

A while back my friend told me what keeps him young is he practises Qi-Gong, Tai Chi and some martial arts. We got chatting about this a while back as I'm interested in Energy and have practised Reiki, Pranic Healing and other energy type healing. He'd just come from his martial arts lesson which he was very enthusiastic about. In fact, he was looking radiant as ever.

My friend told me he went away to Ireland recently to see friends and loved ones. He said as he was raised in a farm he needs to get away ever so often to de-stress himself from the city life. He said he's noticed people his age in London look so stressed out and a lot older because they haven't quite worked out how to relax.

It turns out my friend only lives about a mile away from where I live. I told him I live near the canal and go for walks there sometimes. He asked if I knew a particular park on the canal route. I actually know that park and have spent many hours relaxing in that park. He said he practises Tai Chi there every morning and then speaks to the ducks and swans which put him in a very good mood to face the day.

It was such fun travelling with my friend.

Enocia

Related article: Kindred Spirit