Saturday, 26 July 2008

In No Time at All

It's a funny thing, time.

When I believe I have no time, I have no time;
When I believe I have all the time in the world, I have all the time in the world;
When I believe time passes slowly, I experience time passing slowly;
When I believe time flies, I experience time flying by; however,
When I believe in no time, I experience no time.

At the bus stop I noticed the first bus listed on the bulletin board was due in 6 minutes; and the second one listed, the one I was waiting for, was due in 8 minutes. Eight minutes seemed like a long time to wait for a bus. Besides, why should I have to wait that long? Then I had a thought that if I didn't want to wait I didn't have to. All I have to do is know that my bus is arriving in no time at all.

I thought to myself: "My bus is arriving in no time."

When I checked the bulletin board, the time had been accelerated from 8 minutes to 6 minutes. Then the list changed and my bus was now listed first. In no time at all, my bus arrived. I reckon it took about 3 to 4 minutes for my bus to arrive.

I've also observed when I'm consciously living from no time, everything fits in perfectly with no gaps in between. It's only when I get back into the time mode that I experience life according to my belief in time.

There is no time unless I believe there is.

Enocia

Related articles: Absence or Presence?; I Have ALL the Time in the World; Moving at Snail's Pace