Saturday, 12 July 2008

At Last, Free Travel!

On the bus when I placed my Oyster card (ticket) on the machine the driver told me the machine wasn't working. He said the main Oyster System that controls all the machines on buses, trains and tubes was down. He said this means passengers can travel on all transports for free today.

Well, since my Oyster bus pass is for the week, it really doesn't matter whether the machines are working or not as I've already paid for it. The same applies for people who have monthly Oysters and season tickets. The only passengers who are going to benefit from today's free travel are pay-as-you-go Oyster users. No doubt they will deduct the money lost from today and add it to next year's prices when the tickets go up.

Free travel? Do me a favour!

Still I won't give up on that dream though.

I have a dream of free travel like my hero, Mary Poppins, who travels on her broomstick. Hmmm, not sure if I want to travel by a broomstick. Anyway, Mary Poppins can travel to any reality she chooses, even those in paintings, in the blink of an eye.

I have a dream where life is experienced rather like the people do in the land of Oz from the movie, The Wizard of Oz:

In the Merry Old Land of Oz!
We get up at twelve
And start to work at one
Take an hour for lunch
And then at two we're done
Jolly good fun!
Merry Old Land of Oz, lyrics

That's my kind of day.

I am holding fast to my dreams. I will never give up on my dreams.

In the meantime, happy travelling, everyone!

Enocia

Related articles: A Woman's Right to Plug Out of the System; How Ridiculous!; The Power of Focus; Following the Rainbow; Living Under Grace - Revisited; The Causeless Realm and Why I love Mary Poppins; My Vision; The Thought is the Very Thing