Monday, 16 June 2008

When the Fire Goes Out of Control

As the bus drove through the city of London, where there are lots of corporate companies, I reflected on my old life when I used to work in the city. As I didn't feel totally comfortable in that kind of environment, I thought it best to do contract work/temping which gave me a lot of freedom. I could leave as soon as I'd had enough; or I could get fired as soon as my boss had had enough of me. Either way, at least the agony was never prolonged. Besides, I could always get another job.

I also knew I was biding my time and that there was going to come a point when something will change and I will stop doing that kind of work. I didn't know when exactly but I just knew it was inevitable.

When I felt the calling to trust in Spirit, I found it scary at first with nothing to fall back on. When I tried to get back into temping all the doors that had been open were slammed in my face. Was the Universe trying to tell me something? It was then I realised I didn't have a choice.

Here's another way to look at it. I'd always known there was more to life than what I was experiencing with my senses and my purpose was to live that truth. Later I got interested in spirituality though I treated it rather like a hobby. Little did I realise that my interest was like a tiny spark. As I studied and attended various seminars, my attention was fanning the spark which developed into a flame. Then the flame started to spread out, slowly at first, until it was out of control and nothing could extinguish it. I'd reached the point of no return. I had no choice but to leave that life behind because the real Me had taken over and wanted to be expressed.

Still another way to look at it.

My interest in matters of the Spirit was like a foetus which is quite tiny and starts getting bigger and bigger. There comes a time when that baby has to be born. Then your life is never the same again.

When the time is ripe for the baby to come out, nothing can stop it.
When the time is ripe for the Spirit to take over, resistance is futile.

Enocia

Related articles: What Will Be Will Be; Second Time Lucky; Who Rules the Roost?; The Point of No Return; Love is My Foundation; Resistance is Futile; The Transmuting Fire of Love; Who is Really in Charge?; Dear God, What is Your Will For Me?