Wednesday, 18 June 2008

No Chance!

As I was walking home yesterday evening, I saw this woman walking ahead with several bags of shopping. I asked her if I could help and she said yes. I took two bags from her. She said I'd only left her with one bag.

"Don't worry about it," I said. "You deserve to be pampered."

"I feel like God answering my prayers," she said.

"I had a lovely day today and met up with an old friend. It's just nice to share the joy with others."

I asked her where she lived and she pointed the way, which was in the direction I was walking in anyway.

She told me she was a pastor.

"Really?" I said.

"Are you a Christian?" she said.

"No, I don't follow any religion, I just believe in God."

"Don't you believe Jesus is the Saviour of the world and died for our sins?"

"I just believe in God."

"Jesus said 'I am the way, the truth and the light. No one comes to the Father but through me,'" She said.

"Well, I don't believe I need to go through anyone to get through to God," I said. "I have a direct link."

"You need Jesus to get to God," she said.

"I don't think so."

"I'll pray for you that you see Jesus," she said.

"Thank you!"

When we got to her house, I returned my friend's shopping, gave her a hug, and wished her well.

I was only offering my neighbour a helping hand, I wasn't looking to be saved!

I need a mediator to God? No chance!

Enocia

Related articles: Mind Control; You Could Have Had Me at "Hello"; Little Acts of Kindness Last Forever; Being the Street Finder; Follow Me