Saturday, 28 June 2008

I am No Bodhisattva

As I was sitting relaxing in the bookshop I got a whiff of gas. That can't be gas, surely. I had another whiff. It does smell like gas. I blessed the shop with love and light and continued reading then I fell asleep. When I woke up I smelt gas again. This time it was much stronger. It was time to make a move.

Before I left I decided to pass on my suspicion to someone who worked there. I noticed an assistant but he was busy helping a customer locate a book on the computer, which seemed to take forever. Finally I pointed out to him where I'd been sitting and told him I could smell gas. He said he could smell gas too. He said he would report it to his manager after he'd served the next customer.

Hmmm, I know they say the customer is always right, but does the customer have to be right on this occasion? OK, I've performed my civic duty. It's up to him to do what he wants with the information.

When I got to the ground floor I notified another assistant about what I could smell. He said he was going to ask his manager to investigate. That was my cue to get the hell out of there.

There are those who believe in the idea of a Bodhisattva who will not leave the karmic birth/death wheel until all sentient beings have been liberated. Not me. I don't mind sharing insights and realisations about what works for me, but when it comes to the crunch, I look out for number one.

I am an enlightened being, get me out of here!

Enocia

Related articles: Inspiration; What's Enlightenment Got to Do With It?; On Being a Lighthouse; To Whom It May Concern; Post-It Notes