Tuesday, 24 June 2008

Do My Boobs Look Big in This?

While my mother and I were shopping and she was watching me try on some tops, she asked me why I didn't have a bra on. I told her I find them uncomfortable. Besides I have small breasts anyway and I don't feel I need them. She said the tops would look better with a bra and would cover my nipples.

I asked a shop assistants to measure me so I could find a suitable bra to try on with the tops. She asked me to take off the tops I had on expecting me to have a bra on.

"You should wear a bra, you know?" she said.

"I don't often wear them," I said, "because I find them uncomfortable."

"You should still wear them because they stop your breasts from sagging."

"Well, they are not doing too badly considering I'm nearly 42," I said.

She was shocked. "You look very young for your age. Have you had any kids?"

"No."

"That's why."

She measured me and found a bra my size, which I tried with the tops. The tops did look good with the bra.

If I decide to wear bras, I will do so for aesthetic reasons only not because I believe my breasts can ever droop. My boobs will continue to remain as pert as ever.

Enocia

Related articles: My Favourite Channel; Downward or Upward Spiral?; Why Do I Have a Body?